We have several Little Sibs on the waiting list. Help us...
During the sessions you will befriend elderly residents in group setting in local care homes around Cambridge. Some activities will be organised such as board games, trips, arts and crafts but feel free to go with your own ideas and ask residents what they would like to do. Sometimes, the residents are very happy to just sit and chat.
- Please contact the office or the project leader if you are unable to attend the session
- If you can no longer volunteer, please let the project leader AND the SCA office know ASAP.
- Please abide by the Health and Safety policy of the care home
- If there’s a visitors’ book, please remember to sign in and sign out
- Befriending should take place in open areas if possible
- If you visit a senior in their room then the door should be left open and staff asked to pop in every so often.
- If you need to take public transport to get to the sessions, you must keep the receipts to get reimbursed
- When travelling to and from the session, please use common sense in regards to your personal safety: plan ahead, if possible avoid poorly lit and isolated areas, carry a mobile phone and some spare change with you. For more information how to stay safe, please visit http://www.cambridgesca.org.uk/node/324
·- If you would like to buy some resources that would enhance the sessions, please pop into the office to discuss this, as we may have pots of funding we can use
Protection of vulnerable adults:
- For more information about the protection of vulnerable adults, please visit http://www.cambridgesca.org.uk/node/327
- If you have any concerns about the treatment or wellbeing of any elderly residents, please contact Caroline Ward immediately, who is our safeguarding / welfare officer, on 07749 738 870