We have several Little Sibs on the waiting list. Help us...
Betty's Musical Group
Volunteers entertain at elderly people care homes in form of sing alongs and group performances. We also have refreshments and chat with the residents during the evening.
Volunteers of all musical standards are welcome.
- Please contact the office or the project leader if you are unable to attend the session
- Please abide by the Health and Safety policy of the care home
- If there’s a visitors’ book, please remember to sign in and sign out
- Befriending should take place in open areas if possible
- If you visit a senior in their room then the door should be left open and staff asked to pop in every so often.
- If you need to take public transport to get to the sessions, you must keep the receipts to get reimbursed
- When travelling to and from the session, please use common sense in regards to your personal safety: plan ahead, if possible avoid poorly lit and isolated areas, carry a mobile phone and some spare change with you. For more information how to stay safe, please visit http://www.cambridgesca.org.uk/node/324
- If you would like to buy some resources that would enhance the sessions, please pop into the office to discuss this, as we may have pots of funding we can use
Protection of vulnerable adults:
- For more information about the protection of vulnerable adults, please visit http://www.cambridgesca.org.uk/node/327
- If you have any concerns about the treatment or wellbeing of any elderly residents, please contact Caroline Ward immediately, who is our safeguarding / welfare officer, on 07749 738 870
Project specific guidelines:
- When lifting equipment, please lift from the knees. If the item is heavy, do not attempt to lift it by yourself; seek help.
- To reduce the risk of tripping over the cables, please help to keep the equipment and cables neatly organised. The audience should not be allowed to move among the equipment.